Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I've Been to All 50 States





























I completed my 50-state journey May 16, 2009, when my husband and I touched down in Honolulu, Hawaii. It was the first time we'd flown together in more than 26 years of marriage. It all began in 1960 when my younger sister and I drove for the second time to Ontario, Canada, with our mother making sure we went to every contiguous state. In May 2008 I visited Alaska, my 49th state during their 49th anniversary, and it's the 49th state. In May 2009 I visited my 50th state during their 50th anniversary and Hawaii is the 50th state in the Union. E-mail me to receive the story written in the Honolulu Advertiser by Lee Cataluna in June 2009. My mother was 50 when she saw the 48 states and it took me almost 50 years to see my 50th state. She missed only one: Hawaii. If you've been to the 50 states you're invited to join The 50-State Club.

2 comments:

  1. Olie, I like to get into my own blog before I make a comment because then the system will recognize me and I don't have to go through so many hoops. It took me a minute. that photo is so beautiful of the mountainside. How is your stomach today??? Congratulations on the 50th state!!! Your awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tosha! I'm fine today. That's Pali Lookout where we were taken on our personal tour! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete